This page lists some of the consequences of automatically migrating the website/wiki from PmWiki to MoinMoin. It's also meant to help documentation writers and editors move more easily to the new platform.
You can log in using your existing username/password. If there are issues, please let us know.
You can change your user preferences, including your preferred language and personal quick links.
The first time you change your preferences, you must provide an email address. (You can also provide a fake address.)
Possible conversion issues have been logged on page PmWikiConversionReport. Please help us go through these issues and help us fix them.
Translators: The naming scheme for translated pages has changed from something like Main:fr.HomePage to something like Main.fr/HomePage.
- If you have problems with permissions, please let us know.
Known Migration Bugs
- Moinmoin can't fully emulate Pmwiki's table layout, so some things look different on the new wiki (e.g. multi-line tables).
- The website (www) and wiki were merged. Some pages have absolute links in them, which may be broken after the migration. Please help fix these (by using relative links) after (or even before) the migration.
Differences Between PmWiki And MoinMoin
- Pmwiki stores attachments per category. Moinmoin can store them per page, which is usually the preferred method.
- On Pmwiki the wiki pages were divided into categories, so pages were on the second level. Moinmoin supports hierarchies of arbitrary depth, but a flat structure is preferred (pages right below root level).